|Western red cedar essential oil facts and benefits Quick Facts|
|Name:||Western red cedar essential oil facts and benefits|
|Origin||It is native to North America and is found widely in Pacific Northwest.|
|Health benefits||Treats ringworm, athlete’s foot, nails fungus, Cure psoriasis, alopecia, skin rashes|
Benefitsforhealth.info– This essential oil is unique and rare which is steam distilled from the leaves of the Western red cedar tree. It was used for thousands of years by the people of Pacific Northwest. Western red cedar essential oil is used to nourish hair, skin due to the presence of high content of ketones. It possesses a strong aroma that helps to enhance meditation. The term plicata was derived from a Latin word ‘plico’ that means fold together or folded. Additionally, it is a clear liquid which is mostly used for its disinfectant properties.
It is native to North America and is found widely in Pacific Northwest. Its natural habitats are stream banks and forest swamps. It has been naturalized in New Zealand, Australia, United States and Western Europe.
Health Benefits of Western Red Cedar Essential Oil
- It is used to treat ringworm, athlete’s foot, chronic vaginitis, nail fungus, assist urinary tract and respiratory system.
- It is useful for psoriasis, hair loss, alopecia, skin rashes and rheumatism.
- It inhibits fungal and bacterial growth.
- Do not use undiluted.
- Use it under the supervision of health practitioner.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Perform a patch test before use.
- It should not be used internally.
- People having sensitive skin might get allergies.
- The people with medications should consult the doctor for its use.
It mixes well with cedarwood, black pepper, sandalwood and ginger.
Western Red Cedar Essential Oil Facts
|Name||Western red cedar essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name||Thuja plicata|
|Native||It is native to North America and is found widely in Pacific Northwest. Its natural habitats are stream banks and forest swamps. It has been naturalized in New Zealand, Australia, United States and Western Europe.|
|Common/English Name of Western Red Cedar Plant||Western Red, Cedar Leaf oil|
|Extraction method||Steam distillation|
|Other Facts||It combines with cedarwood, black pepper, sandalwood and ginger.|